Volunteering means becoming part of our mission family.
For information on all of our volunteer opportunities please contact Tim O’Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Opportunities Available
- Behind the scenes prep in the Meal Ministry (Biggest need) – Volunteer hours can be as many or as few YOU want them to be between 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., all volunteer hours must be scheduled. You can schedule hours by calling Tim O’Neill at 330-453-1785 ext205.
- Duties include: Preparing lunch, preparing dinner entrées and side dishes, setting the dining room, washing dishes, plating desserts, preparing bread & butter baskets, preparing for beverage service and taking in donations.
- Meal Servers – Reserve a night and coordinate a group to serve dinner together.
- Monday – Friday from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday from 10:30 – 12:00 p.m.
- Duties include: Beverage service, plating food, serving food, clean-up, resetting tables for 2nd seating and doing it all over again.
- Donation organization (8:00 – 4:00 p.m. due to lighting) organizing donations upstairs: clothing, bed linens, etc.
- Host warm clothing give-away at ROH. *We will provide all the items. Volunteers to oversee the project bringing items down, organizing giveaways and manning tables during meal ministry.
- Set up a table on Sunday morning after church in your church lobby – present Refuge of Hope’s rescue mission information, an urgently needed items list OR host a canned food drive.
- Plan a behind the scenes youth project.
- Prayer Partners (Individually or with a partner) – Volunteer during a meal and make yourself available to pray one-on-one with our dinner guests and shelter residents wanting to pray with someone.
- Hold a fund raiser for ROH and purchase a piece of needed equipment for the kitchen (Example: 100 cup coffee pot, forks, and knives, cups, plates, etc.).
- Host a shelter resident’s special snack of ice cream (50 men).
- Help us build community awareness! “Like” us on Facebook and share posts with your friends. “Follow” us on LinkedIn and Instagram. Share posts with your friends’ list.
- Tour & A Meal – Bring a group in for a tour of our rescue mission and eat a meal sitting with dinner guests.
- Pray for prayer requests posted on our website.